THE BEST EVER OREO TRUFFLES


Okay so there are tons of recipes for this out there and I don't know which one I may have used since I honestly didn't look at a recipe once while I made these, but, they were delicious =) I almost always keep a package of Oreo's on hand to have as a fast dessert or treat so this was perfect!

Ingredients:
1 package double stuff oreos
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 bag milk chocolate chocolate chips
White chocolate (optional)

Helpful but not required:
Wax Paper
Cookie scoop

Directions:
Dump your Oreo package into a blender and pulse until it is pretty broken up.
Add entire package of cream cheese and then really blend it. (I like this better than crushing all the Oreo's first so the cream cheese actually really mixes with the cream filling of the oreos and then you get cookie chunks still.)
Lay wax paper over cookie sheet
Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to spoon out the right amount and either shape into nice neat little balls, or do like I do... leave them as dallops
Stick them in the freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes so they get cold and harden
Meanwhile, melt your milk chocolate chips. I do mine in the microwave (I know I know... gasp!) Just doing 15 seconds the first time, then stirring for about 30 seconds, then 10 seconds, stir for 30 seconds, 10 seconds, stir for 30... you get it.
Then take your little Oreo balls and dip, drizzle, cover, do whatever works for you to get them nice and chocolatey.
Stick them back in the freezer (still on cookie sheet) for about 20 minutes.
After you are done serving if you have leftovers like to keep them in the fridge in an airtight container instead of the freezer so they aren't rock hard when I want to eat one =)

Drizzle white chocolate if you want them to look extra fancy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment